The race takes place in the US National Forest and is dependent upon US Forest Service permit
Date: September 6, 2014 Distances: 100K, 50K and Half Marathon
Where: Copper Mountain, Colorado, U.S.A.
Events: Ultra Race of Champions "UROC" 100K Race (Open to ALL) Uber Rock 50K Trail Race Cruxy Half Marathon Trail Race
Course: The start/finish location for the UROC 100K, Über Rock 50K and Cruxy Half Marathon will be Copper Mountain. The course will consist of two 50K monster loops on Copper Mountain, summiting Copper Summit and Union Summit. The course will be mostly single track and mountain roads. The course maps will be available when approved by the US Forest Service. Read about the permit timeline HERE.
$21,500 Cash Purse for the Ultra Race of Champions 100K Champions Male/Female:
- $5,000 Champion Male/Female:
- $2,000 Second Place Male/Female:
- $1,500 Third Place Male/Female:
- $1,000 Fourth Place Male/Female:
- $500 Fifth Place Male/Female
- $500 Masters Male/Female
- $100 Prime for King/Queen of the Mountain (two locations)
Sub 18 Hour Finishers will receive the UROC Belt Buckle. All finishers will receive the UROC medallion. 50K and Half Marathon finisher will receive finishers medals
Elite Athletes: UROC will provide additional incentives to encourage the best Ultra Runners in the World to compete at the event. For elite entry, please contact:For Elite Entry, Contact:
Geoff Roes, UROC Elite Athletes Liaison
Registration: Registration is open!. NOTE: The Ultra Race of Champions is open to ALL runners.
UROC 100K: Until 4/1 ($195), Until 7/1 ($215), Until 9/5 ($235)
Über Rock 50K: Until 4/1 ($85), Until 7/1 ($105), Until 9/5 ($125)
Cruxy Half Marathon: Until 4/1 ($75), Until 7/1 ($95), Until 9/5 ($115)
Sign-up for either the La Maratona Verticale 42K and the Ultra Race of Champions 100K or La Maratona Verticale 42K and Uber Rock 50K and receive a special "Vertical" finishers award and registration discount:
LMV 42K & UROC 100K: Until 4/1 ($275), Until 6/1 ($300), Until 7/25 ($329)
LMV 42K & Uber Rock 50K: Until 4/1 ($175), Until 6/1 ($205), Until 7/25 ($230)
Lodging: Copper Mountain will be the start/finish location and host hotel. Call Copper Mountain at (866) 837-2996 and use code 1769
Start Times: 7:00am for all three races- Ultra Race of Champions 100K, Über Rock 50K and Cruxy Half Marathon
“There is a growing demand for a trail ultrarunning event that celebrates and encourages as many top level runners as possible to come together on the same trail, on the same day, to compete in a true championship style race. In UROC, I think we finally have an event with a desire and a commitment to meet this demand. I can't wait to toe the line in September with the field of elite runners this race draws.”- Geoff Roes, UROC 2011 Champions, UROC Elite Advisory Council Member, Two Time Ultra Runner of the Year
- The goal of the Ultra Race of Champions (UROC) is to create the Championship Event for the sport of Ultra Distance Running.
- UROC will bring together the best ultra runners in the World on one course on one day.
- UROC is open to everyone. Runners of all abilities will share the course with the best in the world.
- UROC will provide a substantial cash purse to attract the top ultra distance runners from around the World.
- UROC will provide additional incentives for the best ultra runners in the World to compete in a true annual Ultra Championship event.
- All registered runners will be eligible for the cash purse.
- The mixed terrain course will be designed to challenge everyone but favor no one athlete.
- UROC will be a 100 kilometers race to bring together the best trail runners and road runners in the world.
- UROC will feature a media and spectator friendly course. Live video coverage throughout race day will encourage spectators from around the World to follow the competition.
- The UROC course will be easily accessible from major airports.
- UROC will take place in late September to allow the competitors to enjoy great weather and be in top condition.